We’re delighted to welcome anyone to our cottage who feels they can accommodate its intrinsic limitations.
It is an old building, adapted from a former cow byre with little regard for present-day requirements.
- The front door opens inwards from the pavement, giving directly into a tiny entrance hall.
- Directly ahead are the stairs. To the right and left sharp turns lead through doors to the kitchen and snug sitting room.
- The back door can be reached through the main garage door, out of the garage side door and down eight steps.
- We have no downstairs toilet.
- The stairs are narrow and steep, though they have a handrail.
- Upstairs there are three bedrooms, two of which have a step up at their threshold.
- The toilet is separate and, though we don’t have grab rails on the bath, there is a walk in shower in the bathroom.
- We can provide hypoallergenic bedding.
- On arrival it’s not possible to stop in the road outside the front door, even to unload, as traffic approaches from three directions.
- The nearest place for unloading is in the garage behind the cottage or in the adjacent private car park.