Bought in 1830 by the present owner's Great Grandfather, The Old Byre was part of a farm. The kitchen and small sitting room were originally a byre and the upstairs was a hay-loft with outside steps to a yard.
Today, the cottage is very comfortable and well furnished with two double bedrooms and a twin bedroom, modern bathroom with bath and shower unit, and separate WC.
The kitchen is well equipped and is fully fitted with cherrywood surfaces, stainless steel cookware and its original pitch-pine floor. An opening in the 3ft thick original sandstone wall leads to a spacious dining/ living room. There is also a snug sitting-room with a wood-burning stove.
Behind the house there is a secluded walled garden which faces south and a private garage for parking.
The property is fully equipped with central heating, colour TV and video, telephone, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. Linen and towels are provided.